Wednesday 11 April 2012

Wet n Wild!!

Ok so I decided tonight that I would do a water marble......What was I thinking?!?!? LOL
Just kidding, I have viewed enough tutorials on YouTube that left me thinking "hey I can do this no problem"(HAHAHA)
I prepped my nails and applied the obligatory base coat then I used my Rimmel "Play the Blues" for the main coat. Of course I am watching Modern Family and trying not to smudge my nails whilst(oh yeah I used that word) laughing constantly!!
Taping the nails I have found is CRITICAL unless you want to spend the rest of the evening wiping polish off your fingers, trust me it is NOT pretty.

Next I have found is getting the exact right temperature for the water. I use filtered as per the tutorials that have made me feel like not only can I do a water marble but maybe take on World Peace next...That leaves me with a window of about 3.27 minutes to complete this marble and then ... well we don't want to know what happens...


I am using essence "luxury secret", Apple Bottoms "Club Queen", Sally Hansen "Whirlwind white" for my marble. Holding my breath I begin with the first drop of white then the grey, and dark grey. Continuing the drops until I feel it looks good. Next is the tricky part, I take a orange stick or in my case I use skewers because they come in larger packages and wayyy cheaper. With my "orange stick" I start in the centre of the drops and flick it outwards one way and then back to the centre and flick it out the opposite way, then I move the stick back and forth making a criss cross pattern(still holding my breath by the way)

My fingers are now all taped up and ready to be dipped into this marble magic. Like I am diving into a pool under my breath I say "1,2,3" then dip......next my trusty orange stick/skewer works around my nails and catches all the left over paint so when I take my fingers out of the water there is little to no mess. And Voila!!

This was an interesting design and I enjoyed trying it out. That being said, you will probably not see me do it again as it is very finicky. I encourage everyone to try it at least once and watch the tutorials on YouTube as they truly are very helpful. If you do try them please post and tell me how you found the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment