Sunday 15 April 2012

Butterfly effect

I have been battling a cold for the last few days(thanks to my son who brought the germs home), so I thought I would try a design to lift my spirits.
All over YouTube and Pinterest are posts and pics of the Monarch Butterfly design so I finally decided to tackle it myself.
As you can see from the picture below here are all the colors that contributed to this design.

Recently I was to an Arbonne party at my best friends house and I purchased a sea salt scrub that I absolutely LOVE!! So after I cleaned the polish, filed and trimmed my nails I used this scrub and my hands are now soft and smell lovely.

For my solid color I chose the Joe Fresh polish in "Pineapple", and then topped it with Sinful Colors "Lets Meet".  Once dry I used a torn make up sponge and used Joe Fresh "Pumpkin" and then OPI "Burning Love"... On top of that I sponged OPI "Vodka & Caviar" then eyeing it up I adjusted the color to my liking adding a little more orange or red. Then sponged Sally Hansen "Moonshine" all over to blend it and soften the colors.

My son and husband are watching the Game of Thrones and therefore I am subjected to this medieval "soap opera" I am not a fan of this show but they put up with the fumes of nail polish remover so I allow them this ... LOL

The drawing of "veins" is a little tricky but once the first nail is done I got the hang of it. The overall effect is quite pretty. I am happy with the outcome.


Well it is Sunday night and tomorrow is my last day of work before my "weekend" which is Tuesday & Wednesday. I am hoping that this cold leaves soon.

I will be back in the next couple of days with a new design to try, until then be safe.

Update....I decided to redo my nails and made some changes to the design and am much happier with this outcome.... what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE THIS! I have wanted to try this before, but it looks so complicated haha. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ! It seems complicated but I watched a couple of tutorials on YouTube and took a little from each one and made my own...It was fun to do

    ReplyDelete