Wednesday 2 May 2012

A new friend

My best friend Jodi is a PSW who does home care and she has a client who wanted her nails done. Since she is confined to a hospital bed in her home I went to see her and she was totally not what I was expecting. Here is a woman whose life IS this wicked disease and she has such a positive outlook on life. I met her husband and two year old son who is just the most adorable little guy! While I was doing Michelle's nails her little boy insisted I do his too, so you will see in the pics that his hands are right there beside his Moms.  Michelle wanted a design that included the Breast Cancer ribbon as that is her battle. Now her nails were small but I was able to give her a design that she loved.

Michelle doesn't get out for things like manicures so I tried to give her the royal treatment even though she was feeling crappy and she enjoyed the distraction....all she kept saying was "this is wonderful!" and "I have never had this done before" I am soo happy and honored to have been able to do that for her...

I know the pictures aren't the greatest but this isn't about the pics this time but more about Michelle and what a wonderful experience I had meeting a new friend.


Talk to you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment